What are the admission requirements and my eligibility criteria for the course?

Yes, Citizen of any country is eligible to study in China as a fee paying student for undergraduate and post graduate programs.

  • For undergraduate Medical program (MBBS), HSSC with min. 50% Marks in with Subjects in Physics , Chemistry and Biology.
  • For graduate (MS, MD)- undergraduate in medicine with min. 50%. For post-graduate (PhD)- graduate in medicine
  • For Engineering and other subjects schooling equivalent to A- Levels are essential.
  • 18 to 60 years old (Depending on subjects- For medicine age limit is 30 years)
  • In good health.

For exceptions, please contact the Admissions Section. For more specific information please click on the university u are interested to join and refer to the eligibility section on the right hand side of the page.

What is the total duration of this course..?

The total duration of this MBBS course is same as in India i.e. 4.5 years with 1 year of internship, which you can do it anywhere either in India or China.

For MS and MD course is 3 years. For Ph.D is 2 years.

Is there any local bodies who can help me in providing the overall info?

Yes we have representatives all over India, Africa, Pakistan, Bangladesh and other Countries.
Please send your query to us and we shall send it to our local representative office and they would be getting in touch with you.

What is the total fee of this course ... ?

The fee varies for each university, please let us know which university are you interested to join and we shall send you the details accordingly.

Can a student avail loan facility, what are the procedures?

Yes, Students from Countries like India and other countries can avail education loan from any bank. The entire necessary information is provided at the time of enquiry by us

What are the documents required for the admissions?

The photocopies of all relevant documents which are necessary for academic eligibility and proof are required for the admissions. You will get the list of documents at the time of enquiry.

What are the benefits given to students joining through our company?

The Indian students are provided with good hostel facility, Indian mess and even they can avail distinguished international students scholarship from China scholarship council (CSC) Also refer Link Why IEC.

Since when are the Universities established?

All these universities are established for decades before gradually diversifying in many advanced courses.

Where are these Universities located?

All universities are located in very good and beautiful cities in China. Evah city has its own specality. Please refer the University link for more details. All these universities are located near to Shanghai's International Airport in the heart of China

Are the degrees offered by foreign universities recognized and World Health organization?

All the medical colleges and university present in the list of WHO are recognized by WHO.

What is the medium of teaching in China?

All the universities we are representing in the medical stream are having English medium education. However, Chinese language class is included in first year, this is to make students stay comfortable by enabling them to communicate smoothly with the locals.

Some subjects in engineering are taught in English and some are taught in Chinese

How is the weather there....?

In China the climate is condense and moderate. In winter it goes up to- 10?C.

During summer it is recommended that you wear light clothes. In autumn use jackets, umbrellas are also necessary. For winter, when it is freezing use fur warm coats and shoes It also depends on the location of the university .For more details refer the universities pages.

When are the 1st and 2nd batches of respective Universities starts ?

The 1st batch starts on March and 2nd starts from September every year

Give a brief idea about the Hostel facility there.

The hostel facility are up to the standards with attached bathrooms, with single, double or triple beds Air-conditioned rooms as per the choice of accommodations. Hostel are within the campus with all facilities available.

Whether the market is nearby or not?

Yes the market for daily needs is nearby to the campus.

What about the availability of other facilities like laundry, library, internet, etc. there?

All such facilities are available in the hostel with an extra cost

Are students allowed to prepare their own food?

No, most of the universities do not allow students to cook their food in room.

Is there any dress code for college students?

There is no such dress code in any universities.

Are books available there or we need to carry along with us?

Some universities provides list of recommended books to carry and some books are given there during session.

Is there any scholarship given to student? If there, how much and what are the provisions?

The Chinese scholarship council provides scholarship to distinguished international students for masters and doctoral degrees.

Does stipend is provided there during internship period?

No, it is not provided.

Can I do my internship from My country?

Yes, but it also depends on the university applied for and also the medical board of the country where the students wants to do the internships.

For how many days is the vacation period there? Can a student come to Home during holidays?

The vacation period is of 6 weeks, depending on the batch of student in which admitted he/she can come between July/ August and should inform the university accordingly.

What are the services offered by IEC?

Ø Free counseling to select right course, University and Country.
Ø Arrange guaranteed admission in your desired University/ Course.
Ø Assistance for passport.
Ø Assistance for foreign exchange through bank
Ø Assistance for education loan.
Ø Accompany student to university and help in settling down.
Ø Regular feedback to parents on student’s development.
Ø Post education placement assistance through global consultants.

For a detailed list of services please refer


How the students have to pay the charges to IEC and total course fees?

Student has to pay the processing fees by bank trascation or write transfer.

How a student is going to pay tuition fees and other fees?

The fee can be either transferred to IEC and IEC shall pay the fee and the related charges to the University. In some cases the student has to pay the fee to the University. It can be either in Cash, Or Demand Draft or transfer to Account of the university.

Whether the University will refund the fees in case the admission is cancelled?

Once the students reports to the university and joins the same, the University regrets its inability to refund any part of the educational fees and other expenses paid by the student. The decision is all upon the university.

Is there any special provision for International students to solve their any personal problems or queries?

Every university has an International Students Department where a student could address their problems directly.

Can a student earn while learning?

No, a student cannot do job while studying since he/she is having a student visa.

Can I practice in my country after I study medicine from China.?

Yes, you can practice in your country , provided you stand by the local governing laws of the medical council or Medical board of your country. All our universities are recognized by the World Health organization, China Medical council, China Scientific Council, and Ministry of Education of China. But it is advisable to check with your local medical board for any specific requirements.

Can I arrive prior to the orientation day?

Yes. Let the admission office know your planned arrival date and IEC will make your accommodation reservations beginning on the day you designate. Note that you will be responsible for payment of accommodation fees for any additional days outside of your course program

What is the cost of living in China?

This varies from City to City. While Beijing and Shanghai would be costlier compared to Wenzhou or Tianjin. Normally our Students spend about 60-120 US$ per month depending on the spending habits, what you want to buy, where you want to eat. If you are going to cook your own food in the kitchen provided then you would spend around 50- 60 US$ per month.

What other types of expenses should I plan for while in China?

Entertainment in China is generally inexpensive. Transportation options include the public bus (which costs less than 1 RMB per ride) and subway (2 RMB per ride), as well as taxi service which costs 10 RMB (~US$1.25) for short distances and up to 30 RMB to go across town or downtown. Many students also opt to buy bicycles while they are in China. Bicycles are the most prevalent mode of transport in China. New bicycles can be purchased for around 200 RMB (US$25).

How can I get or exchange money while I am in China?

You may bring money with you, either in the form of cash or traveler's checks. ATM machines are available in banks, or cash advances can be drawn over the counter at most large banks for a transaction charge. Major hotels and most fine restaurants and stores now accept credit cards. Students enrolling for longer courses can open a bank account through the local bank on campus or down town and and transfer funds from accounts in their home country.

What do I need to bring with me from home?

Today in China you can find almost any product and brand that you would find at home. Soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc. are all readily available. We recommend that you bring any prescription medication in sufficient quantities to last for the duration of your visit and any preferred brands of over-the-counter medications (cold & flu tablets, etc.) Clothing is also plentiful and very inexpensive. Shoes are available, but larger sizes are hard to find.

What vaccinations do I need for China?

The following vaccinations and applicable frequencies are recommended for students coming to China: Hepatitis A (within previous 10 years); Hepatitis B (within previous 5 to 10 years), Japanese B Encephalitis (within previous 3 years); Tetanus (within previous 10 years); Polio (within previous 10 years); and Typhoid (once in lifetime). Students 55 and older should also have a Pneumococcal Vaccine.

What is the voltage used in China?

The voltage here is 220. Converters and power strips may be purchased locally.

We have tried to answer to all the possible questions, If we have left out any thing please write to us .